Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I loved this email!
"We were in Pigeon Forge over the week end. On Sunday, we left to come home. Traffic was moving slowly, and a car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".
Mike's Bible was lying on the dash board. He got it, opened it up to the scripture, and read it. He started laughing and laughing. Then he read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.."
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office."
Friday, November 27, 2009
I'm guessing they are sending a number of these out!
Fat chance of THAT happening!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Much to be grateful for!
And after the thanks .. it's all about the family, friends, and the food!
Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subject: Fwd: Obama's bright team at work
Not sure where this came from but it landed in my email. Enjoy!
Just think of all the good things that will happen when we get the law of gravity repealed by appropriate action taken in the House and Senate!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Says a lot
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
It's not new but it still stands.
*Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
* December 25th is just a ' Holiday '.*
*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Target was hanging their trees upside down*
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*
*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton !*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
* Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*
*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate 'Winter Break' under your 'Dream Tree'*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*
*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS ,
not Happy Holiday !*
Monday, November 16, 2009
A little more disinformation from my email
I love this!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Losing our National Identity
Finding out that my daughter did not have a sense of pride of country, or national identity, or did not necessarily think either were a good thing - came as a shock to me. Until I realized I had not taught those things to my kids. I think I just took it for granted that my children were being taught the same American history I was, and I wasn't really a conservative as they were growing up anyway. I was apathetic about politics, it did not interest me and generally had the attitude that one way or another, things would be fine. My reason for not voting was "I am not informed and would rather not vote, than place an uninformed one."
So call me a 9/11 conservative. Seeing all the flags come out in the days after September 11th brought out a sense of country and pride I did not know I possessed.
But we are losing that sense of pride. We are losing our national identity. Partly because of political correctness and allowing immigrants to come to our country but not requiring them to meet certain standards to actually become American, and partly because of the push toward globalism.
During the conversation I had with my daughter with respect to immigration and identity, her freshly minted college education trumped my less than articulate argument. I came away feeling selfish, like I did not want to share my county with others and that's just not it. Yes, immigrate here! Do it legally and then assimilate. Don't force us to respect your culture, learn to adopt ours. That's why you came here right? To live in the best country in the world? If you try to make it like the one you just left, why did you leave it at all?
Even French President Nicolas Sarkozy has opened a dialogue in his country about national identity. It's causing a lot of commotion over there. He said “France does not demand that you give up your history or your culture,” Sarkozy said. “But France demands of those who would link their fates to hers to also share her history and her culture. France is not hodgepodge of communities or individuals. . . Becoming French means accepting a form of civilization, values, and customs.”
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
We still live in a free country ~
Monday, November 9, 2009
Bio ex-hippie now 61-still immature-very much into politics
"why are the repubs in the poor states where people cannot get insurance voting against this bill? they need to be voted out in 2010"
"what lord are you praying to? mine wants healthcare for all...you know the least among us and all that in the bible"
"thaddeus from michigan looks like a ghoul-that is how repubs act-they want poor and old to die while they worship their greed"
"if repubs believe in indiv choice why they want to control abortion, gay marriage,m etc. they don't want freedom re: bush=dictator"
"you don't have to change plans....if you like yours stay with it. the dem bill doesn't stop u"
" I am on medicare and I am not afraid of losing it. You are being fed lies. This helps everyone NOT just rich"
"yes before patriot act, torture, false war, war crimes and top 1% owning USA "
You don't need to read the whole content of the conversations to see that this is one liberal who does not let the facts get in the way of .. well .. anything.
Our Country is under Attack!
It’s hard to believe that just one year ago, people were voting for “hope,” and “change.” Change is exactly what they got but did the voters really want a dismantling of the American way of life? I say the American way of life because the Obama Administration is in the midst of destroying the very things that our forefathers, had intended to circumvent any one person, or party’s rule.
Please read the rest at Al's Conservative Political Views.
He's not flashy but he knows his stuff.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Must. Laugh. Not. Cry.
Is this the kind of healthcare Pelosi wants to give us?
From Times Online (U.K.)
Thalidomide victim denied homecare
From The Sunday Times November 8, 2009
A WOMAN left with drastically shortened arms and legs by thalidomide, and incapacitated further by a severe stroke, does not deserve 24-hour home care, an NHS trust has ruled.
Read further ..
What we're up against
Shortly after releasing his official statement on tonight's historic vote, President Obama sent out the following email to supporters: This evening, at 11:15 p.m., the House of Representatives voted to pass their health insurance reform bill. Despite countless attempts over nearly a century, no chamber of Congress has ever before passed comprehensive health reform. This is history. But you and millions of your fellow Organizing for America supporters…
Saturday, November 7, 2009
118 New Boards, Bureaucracies, Commissions, and Programs
118 New Boards, Bureaucracies, Commissions, and Programs that will be created if this monstrosity of a healthcare bill passes.
1. Retiree Reserve Trust Fund
2. Grant program for wellness programs to small employers
3. Grant program for State health access programs
4. Program of administrative simplification
5. Health Benefits Advisory Committee
6. Health Choices Administration
7. Health Benefits Plan Ombudsman
8. Health Insurance Exchange
9. Program for technical assistance to employees of small businesses buying Exchange coverage
10. Mechanism for insurance risk pooling to be established by Health Choices Commissioner
11. Health Insurance Exchange Trust Fund
12. State-based Health Insurance Exchanges
13. Grant program for health insurance cooperatives
14. “Public Health Insurance Option”
15. Ombudsman for “Public Health Insurance Option”
16. Account for receipts and disbursements for “Public Health Insurance Option”
17. Telehealth Advisory Committee
18. Demonstration program providing reimbursement for “culturally and linguistically appropriate services”
19. Demonstration program for shared decision making using patient decision aids
20. Accountable Care Organization pilot program under Medicare
21. Independent patient-centered medical home pilot program under Medicare
22. Community-based medical home pilot program under Medicare
23. Independence at home demonstration program
24. Center for Comparative Effectiveness Research
25. Comparative Effectiveness Research Commission
26. Patient ombudsman for comparative effectiveness research
27. Quality assurance and performance improvement program for skilled nursing facilities
28. Quality assurance and performance improvement program for nursing facilities
29. Special focus facility program for skilled nursing facilities
30. Special focus facility program for nursing facilities
31. National independent monitor pilot program for skilled nursing facilities and nursing facilities
32. Demonstration program for approved teaching health centers with respect to Medicare GME
33. Pilot program to develop anti-fraud compliance systems for Medicare providers
34. Special Inspector General for the Health Insurance Exchange
35. Medical home pilot program under Medicaid
36. Accountable Care Organization pilot program under Medicaid
37. Nursing facility supplemental payment program
38. Demonstration program for Medicaid coverage to stabilize emergency medical conditions in institutions for mental diseases
39.Comparative Effectiveness Research Trust Fund
40. “Identifiable office or program” within CMS to “provide for improved coordination between Medicare and Medicaid in the case of dual eligibles”
41. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation
42. Public Health Investment Fund
43. Scholarships for service in health professional needs areas
44. Program for training medical residents in community-based settings
45. Grant program for training in dentistry programs
46. Public Health Workforce Corps
47. Public health workforce scholarship program
48. Public health workforce loan forgiveness program
49. Grant program for innovations in interdisciplinary care
50. Advisory Committee on Health Workforce Evaluation and Assessment
51. Prevention and Wellness Trust
52. Clinical Prevention Stakeholders Board
53. Community Prevention Stakeholders Board
54. Grant program for community prevention and wellness research
55. Grant program for research and demonstration projects related to wellness incentives
56. Grant program for community prevention and wellness services
57. Grant program for public health infrastructure
58. Center for Quality Improvement
59. Assistant Secretary for Health Information
60. Grant program to support the operation of school-based health clinics
61. Grant program for nurse-managed health centers
62. Grants for labor-management programs for nursing training
63. Grant program for interdisciplinary mental and behavioral health training
64. “No Child Left Unimmunized Against Influenza” demonstration grant program
65. Healthy Teen Initiative grant program regarding teen pregnancy
66. Grant program for interdisciplinary training, education, and services for individuals with autism
67. University centers for excellence in developmental disabilities education
68. Grant program to implement medication therapy management services
69. Grant program to promote positive health behaviors in underserved communities
70. Grant program for State alternative medical liability laws
71. Grant program to develop infant mortality programs
72. Grant program to prepare secondary school students for careers in health professions
73. Grant program for community-based collaborative care
74. Grant program for community-based overweight and obesity prevention
75. Grant program for reducing the student-to-school nurse ratio in primary and secondary schools
76. Demonstration project of grants to medical-legal partnerships
77. Center for Emergency Care under the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
78. Council for Emergency Care
79. Grant program to support demonstration programs that design and implement regionalized emergency care systems
80. Grant program to assist veterans who wish to become emergency medical technicians upon discharge
81. Interagency Pain Research Coordinating Committee
82. National Medical Device Registry
83. CLASS Independence Fund
84. CLASS Independence Fund Board of Trustees
85. CLASS Independence Advisory Council
86. Health and Human Services Coordinating Committee on Women’s Health
87. National Women’s Health Information Center
88. Centers for Disease Control Office of Women’s Health
89. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Office of Women’s Health and Gender-Based Research
90. Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Women’s Health
91. Food and Drug Administration Office of Women’s Health
92. Personal Care Attendant Workforce Advisory Panel
93. Grant program for national health workforce online training
94. Grant program to disseminate best practices on implementing health workforce investment programs
95. Demonstration program for chronic shortages of health professionals
96. Demonstration program for substance abuse counselor educational curricula
97. Program of Indian community education on mental illness
98. Intergovernmental Task Force on Indian environmental and nuclear hazards
99. Office of Indian Men’s Health
100. Indian Health facilities needs assessment workgroup
101. Indian Health Service tribal facilities joint venture demonstration projects
102. Urban youth treatment center demonstration project
103. Grants to Urban Indian Organizations for diabetes prevention
104. Grants to Urban Indian Organization
105. Indian Health facilities appropriation advisory boards for health IT adoption
106. Mental health technician training program
107. Indian youth telemental health demonstration project
108. Program for treatment of child sexual abuse victims and perpetrators
109. Program for treatment of domestic violence and sexual abuse
110. Native American Health and Wellness Foundation
111. Committee for the Establishment of the Native American Health and Wellness Foundation
112. Grant program for mental health and substance abuse screening
113. Centers for Disease Control Office of Minority Health
114. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Office of Minority Health
115. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Office of Minority Health
116. Health Resources and Services Administration Office of Minority Health
117. Food and Drug Administration Office of Minority Health
118. Outreach program to increase awareness of diabetes screening benefits
Thursday, November 5, 2009
They might be hiding in the basement!
I missed the beginning of the coverage of the march on the capital today, but I took some screen shots from the Fox live stream of what I did see. There were many members of congress who spoke and in the end one of them said 'Go into those halls and find a democrat. They may be hiding in the basement, they may be sitting in the cafeteria pretending they aren't a member. But find them and tell them what you think!"
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
A little email disinformation
If you cross the Afghan border you get shot.
If you cross the Turkey border illegally, you spend the rest of your life in prison!
But, if you cross the U.S. border illegally you get: A driver's license, a Social Security card, welfare, food stamps and free healthcare?
Oh well sure. That makes perfect sense.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
It's not really about healthcare.
From Rush Limbaugh's interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday:
“I believe that the economy is under siege,” he said.
“This is not about insuring the uninsured — this is not about health care,” Limbaugh said. “This is about stealing one-sixth of the U.S. private sector and putting it under the control of the federal government.”
“And when they get this health care bill — if they do — that’s the easiest, fastest way for them to be able to regulate every aspect of human behavior, because it will all have some related cost to health care — what you drive, what you eat, where you live, what you do — and there will be penalties for violating regulation.”
Part 2Part 3
Scozzafava backs a Democrat!
Republican Dede Scozzafava endorses Democrat Bill Owens in the race for New York's 23rd Congressional District, one day after dropping out of the race.
FOXNews.com - November 01, 2009
Republican Dede Scozzafava endorsed her former Democratic opponent Sunday in the race for an upstate New York congressional seat, shaking up the contest for the second day in a row after exiting the race Saturday.
Scozzafava dropped out after Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman experienced a late-in-the-game surge. The move was expected to consolidate GOP voters behind Hoffman on Tuesday.
But on Sunday, Scozzafava issued a written statement in which she backed Democrat Bill Owens.
"I am supporting Bill Owens for Congress and urge you to do the same," she said. "In Bill Owens, I see a sense of duty and integrity that will guide him beyond political partisanship. He will be an independent voice devoted to doing what is right for New York. Bill understands this district and its people, and when he represents us in Congress he will put our interests first."
Hoffman and Owens are competing for the 23rd Congressional District seat formerly held by Republican John McHugh, who was lured away by the Obama administration to be Army secretary.
Scozzafava was criticized by members of her party for being too moderate on social issues. However, it's unclear how much of an impact her endorsement will have as there were mixed messages coming out of the GOP -- a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee said Saturday that Scozzafava was releasing her supporters to vote for Hoffman.
And poll numbers suggest Owens would have to make significant inroads among Republican moderates to pull support away from Hoffman. A Siena Research Institute survey showed 64 percent of Scozzafava voters were self-identified Republicans -- only 19 percent identified themselves as Democrats.
Democrats, though, were clearly banking on Scozzafava to try to tilt the balance in their favor.
White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett said on ABC's "This Week" that Democrats would "love" to have the Republican candidate back Owens.
"It's rather telling when the Republican Party forces out a moderate Republican and it says, I think, a great deal about where the Republican Party is right now," she said.